The 10-time global track gold medallist and fellow athlete Hollie Arnold, the 2016 Paralympic javelin champion, have been announced for the reality TV show
Sir Mo Farah’s participation in the reality TV show I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! has been confirmed, with the new series set to begin on November 15.
Among those joining the 10-time global track gold medallist at the Gwrych Castle setting in Abergele, Wales, is his fellow athlete Hollie Arnold, who won Paralympic F46 javelin gold at the Rio 2016 Games.
Suncream: Off ❌
Thermals: On ✅
It's time to meet your 2020 Campmates!
— I'm A Celebrity… (@imacelebrity) November 8, 2020
The show’s contestants will be heading to the ruined castle rather than the usual Australian jungle setting because of the coronavirus pandemic but ITV’s Richard Cowles said: “Our celebrities will probably have to swap shorts for thermals but they can still look forward to a basic diet of rice and beans and plenty of thrills and surprises along the way.”
ITV added: “As on the regular series, viewers will see the celebrities undertake gruelling trials and fun-filled challenges to win food and treats in the lead up to one of them being crowned, for the first time ever, King or Queen of the Castle.”
Some bookies make Farah the favourite. “This could be Mo’s toughest race yet as he makes his reality TV debut, but the early betting suggests he’s already the one to beat,” said a spokeswoman from Ladbrokes, who have the Olympic 5000m and 10,000m champion at 5/1 to triumph.
The 37-year-old aims to defend his 10,000m title at the postponed Tokyo Olympics next year, having made a return to the track this year following his switch to the marathon.
“I just want to go in there and have fun and just be myself, like back in uni days,” he said of the reality show.
“All creatures scare me. Everything, you name it. Even the cat, the dog. Everything!”
Arnold is also targeting Tokyo 2020. With a championship and European record-breaking throw of 44.73m, the 26-year-old won her fourth consecutive world title in Dubai last year.
“I’m definitely not going to be exempt from anything,” she said. “Having one arm is not going to stop me, at all!”
Hollie is going into the CASTLE 🏰!! Who else is excited to see her heading into @imacelebrity?
Hollie is now in lockdown and #TeamHollie will be taking over her social media! BRING ON NEXT SUNDAY! ✨❤️#itv #imaceleb #TeamHollie pic.twitter.com/G2sQipWMVK
— Hollie Arnold MBE (@HollieA2012) November 8, 2020