AW promotion: Get all the goodness of Montmorency US tart cherries in these snack-size treats, perfect for pre or post training
Looking for a delicious and nutritious snack to give you a boost before or after training? Many studies have explored the potential impact of Montmorency US tart cherries on exercise recovery, arthritis and gout, heart health and sleep, and now you can get the benefits from these easy-to-make paleo energy balls.
They are vegan, gluten-free and nutrient-filled!
Here, Lexi Davidson of Lexi’s Clean Kitchen shares a tart cherry coconut energy balls recipe.
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Makes: 12 Balls
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency US tart cherries
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews (can use raw or roasted)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- pinch fine sea salt
- Add dates to your food processor and process until broken up into pea-sized bits.
- Add in coconut flakes, dried tart cherries, cashews, extract and a pinch of salt.
- Process until well-combined. This will take 3-5 minutes. Mixture should just start to come together into a large ball, but be careful not to over-process as the oil will start to separate from the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into 12 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Let them firm up in the refrigerator or freezer before serving. You can always (optionally) drizzle your bites with melted dark chocolate or roll them in additional shredded coconut flakes.
- For best results, lay the balls on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 2 hours, or in the refrigerator until they firm up. Then, transfer into a freezer-safe bag and store in the refrigerator or the freezer!